New TextMeshPro (From Unity) no target in localize

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2083 by josearte
Hi,

First of all we want to appreciate your awesome work with I2 localization, is just great, we bought it some months ago an it allows us to publish in English, German, Spanish, Italian and some more, just with the effort of translating terms with just a few lines of code needed :cheer:

Right now we are trying to integrate Text Mesh pro in our next patch to include fancy texts (Now that its free, the Unity Technologies version).

In the documentation we see that Text Mesh Pro is supported, but when we try to use the "Localize" component, just "none" is on the Target options.

We have checked " Enabling Localization Targets" from the documentation.

There is something we are doing wrong or there is anything else we need to do in order to make it work?

Jose.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2085 by Frank
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in answering, I was at GDC at the internet was awful!

I just checked and what happened is that the new TextMeshPro (free version) has all its code inside a dll (instead of providing the source code) so I2 Localization was unable to detect that textMeshPro was installed.

I made a fix for that and uploaded it to the beta folder (v2.6.10 f1). I'm also sending it to the AssetStore, but it will take a few days before its approved.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: josearte

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2087 by josearte
No problem. I wish i could go to the gdc ;)

Thanks a lot! Eager to try the update.

P.S. Rated 5 stars :) , i forgot to rated it the first time :unsure:

More
7 years 6 days ago #2135 by nith
Hi! I downloaded the latest versions of TM Pro (free Unity version) and I2Localization from the Assetstore today and the problem still seems to persist. The strange thing is, that asset store says latest version is 2.6.10 f1 while I2 Localization component in Unity writes 2.6.10 b3 and offers upgrade options. How can I make sure to get the f1 version?

Thanks!

More
7 years 6 days ago #2136 by josearte
We have it working, not sure if it's the same :(

We have the 2.6.10 f1

More
7 years 6 days ago #2137 by nith
That's good to know, so I guess the question is why do I get the beta version from the asset store??

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine