TextMeshPro text vertical text

More
7 years 4 months ago #1924 by alan2110
I haven't upgraded in a while so maybe something you have fixed.

Now and then I will have a TextMeshPro object that has a Localize component and things look fine in the Editor but when I run the text displays completely vertical stacked one character at a time. Then the next time it refreshes it fixes itself.

Sometimes I can get it to go away if I mess with the TextMeshPro inspector values, like disabling wordwrap or changing the text rectangle. But it seems to randomly occur to other TextMeshPro items as we change things in development. And I don't want to have to keep trying to fix it whenever it appears.

I traced it down to the function DoLocalize_TMPUGUILabel(), mTarget_TMPUGUILabel.ForceMeshUpdate() call. If I comment this out then the problem seems to go away. But I don't want that to be my solution as I am scared that might be a needed call. I don't use RTL alignment so is it needed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #1926 by Frank
Hi,
Can I ask you what version of I2 Localization are you using?

That seems like the error related to SetText. Previously the plugin set the text but wasn't using the right TextMeshPro function, so its layout/size wasn't been updated.
As always, my advise is for you to update to the latest version (2.6.9b1) as there are lots of fixes and improvements that make the plugin far more stable.

If you can't update because you are about to release your game/app, but have a workaround that works all the time for you, then that's the safest you can do. Nonetheless, the best is to update as soon as possible to avoid finding any of the other issues that are already fixed.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 4 months ago #1932 by alan2110
version I have is 2.6.1 f2
it's been working pretty well for us and our project went live recently so I haven't had a real reason to update until now. I just need to find a good time in our schedule to do it.

Is there something I could band-aid on the SetText call for now until I fully update?

More
7 years 4 months ago #1934 by alan2110
never mind, I'm looking into updating to the latest now. I'll let you know if that fixes things. thanks!

More
7 years 4 months ago #1935 by alan2110
upgrading has fixed this problem. thanks!

More
7 years 4 months ago #1936 by Frank
Great!!
There has been several changes to the TextMeshPro integration, I'm glad those fixed your issue!

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine