Exporting I2 problem with newline

More
7 years 2 days ago #2196 by fabiobp
Hi, have some text on my terms that need some formatting. So inside a term this text has "enter" breaking lines. Although when I export the file (no matters to what format) it considers that the break lines inside a term are multiple term.
Can anyone fix it or tell how to workaround easily? I consider it's a problem because everything inside the Term text should be interpreted as the Term text. no matter it it uses spaces, newlines, tab and etc.. The implementation should follow the concept.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2201 by Frank
Hi,
I'm unable to reproduce this issue, let me show you the steps I'm following to see if I'm misunderstanding you.

1- I opened the I2Languages.prefab and created a term
2- I typed several lines into each translation, each line separated by an enter:
e.g. for English:
line 1
line 2
line 3

3- Then I exported to CSV using the Spreadsheet Tab, clicking on Local, and then in Export\Replace.

The resulting csv file looks like this:
Key,Type,Desc,Spanish,English,Chinese,Arabic
Other,Text,,"line 1
line 2
line 3","line 1
line 2",-,-

As you can see it has the term "Other" and the first two translations have three and two lines respectively. The enters are handled correctly because the translation is surrounded by quotes ("line 1 <enter> line 2...")

4- To test that it works, I deleted the term from the I2Languages.prefab and then clicked Spreadsheet \ Local \ Import \ Replace.

That creates a single term named "Other" with the correct translations.

Am I missing something?
What do you mean by (no matter what format)?
Are you referring to Local export or Export to Google?

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 11 months ago #2202 by fabiobp
Hi Frank, your steps are right. I'm getting it a little different. See the picture attached.
I don't know if it generate a problem on re-importing it. I'm stuck in a step before. I need to export it and send it to translation that will add new languages to it. Although I'm getting the file totally messed up, because of the "enters". Take a look at the image attached (the file is a lot bigger
than that, it's just a snippet). isn't possible to export these "enters" as alt+enter on excel? That would solve the problem. I guess.
I'm using excel 2013.

The excel file if you want to test.

Regards,

More
6 years 11 months ago #2203 by fabiobp
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #2204 by Frank
Hi,
I'm still not getting the same result you are seeing. When I open the csv file in excel it shows the multiple lines correctly.

Can you please email me your i2Languages.prefab? (or a version of it showing the error)
I will try exporting it and reproduce your problem to send you a fix ASAP.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:

More
6 years 11 months ago #2205 by fabiobp
Hi Frank, here is the prefab.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine