Change all [touch] keys to normal keys?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2142 by JOY
Hi,

My dev accidently changed many keys fro normal to touch type and export back to the spreadsheet file. Is there any way to change them to normal key without [touch] suffix?

Thanks,
Anh
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2145 by Frank
Hi,
I'm refactoring how that works( trello.com/c/slJ2P9aM/3-extend-input-specialization ) (Touch vs Normal input works) to avoid this accidents and extend the input type to more uses.
But in the meantime, the easiest solution is to open the spreadsheet and select in the menu Replace All "[touch]" by "", then reimport the spreadsheet into Unity.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2148 by JOY
Hi,

Will it still keep my implemented component value?

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2153 by Frank
Yes, it will be backward compatible.
It will keep the same format that it has now, where the terms are tagged (e.g. "term[touch]", "term[vr]", "term[xbox]", etc). But the editor will change to make the selection easier to understand, and easier to clear tags when not needed.
At this moment, if you type something in the touch and something in the normal sections, it creates the tag, but there is no easy way to clear that selection and to know that the term was split.
The new inspector makes that easier to manage.

Hope that helps,
Frank

The following user(s) said Thank You: JOY

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2157 by JOY
Hi. Sorry I have one more question. Is it possible to change/update/replace the key in Spreadsheet and it will reflect the game?
Ex: I want to change "THIS_IS_A_KEY" to "THIS_IS_ANOTHER_KEY" but I don't want to use the tool inside I2 Localization. Can I use spreadsheet?
If not, I'd like to suggest one way to work on the file instead of Unity (correct workflow for translators)

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2161 by Frank
TERMS are just a way to bind a translation to your game.
They should be created by your UI designers and your programmers. Translators should NEVER change TERMs name, because then the game will not know where to use that new term.

Translators should ONLY change the Term translations. More so, given that multiple translators could be modifying the spreadsheets at the same time.

What you suggest of allow changing the term name in the spreadsheet, will mean that something else will have to be used as KEY. But the KEY is only needed for that binding, so, it will be duplicating data there. Think of KEY as just a fancy way of showing the binding ID. Other systems use a number, but its more legible to have a term "Tutorial\Intro Message" than just Term #32513.

I2 Localization has tools to modify the term inside Unity, and they do more than just changing the text of that Term Name. That tool, searches for every usage of that term in all your scenes and links those places to the new name.

Nonetheless, if you think of a way to make the renaming process easier to understand and if possible be doable in the spreadsheet, please, let me know, I'm always looking for ways to make the workflow easier!!

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine