Reference rewriter: Error

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #858 by regaaa
Hi there,

first of all: Awesome plugin! It just works. It saved me a lot of time and all but I have a problem:

Reference rewriter: Error: method `System.String System.Globalization.TextInfo::ToTitleCase(System.String)` doesn't exist in target framework. It is referenced from Assembly-CSharp.dll at System.String I2.Loc.GoogleTranslation::ParseTranslationResult(System.String,System.String).
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
PostProcessWinRT:RunReferenceRewriter() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:503)
PostProcessWinRT:Process() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/PlatformDependent/WinRT/SharedSources/CSharp/PostProcessWinRT.cs:98)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

This error appears If I try to build my game, to be more precise, after build process is over. Well, the game gets built, but this error makes me nervous.
The game is for Windows Phone (in case it matters).
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by regaaa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #859 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Reference rewriter: Error
Hi,
As soon as I get back to my computer I will try it and give you a fix.

The ToTitleCase method is been used to make the translation returned by google match the case of the original sentence:
So that "Where Is The Tutorial" gets translated to "Donde Esta El Tutorial" instead of "donde esta el tutorial".

That will only affect you if you are using dynamic translation in the game (translating chat messages or other user inputs). As translation will work when in the Editor.

I will check exactly whats the issue and let you know.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by Frank.

More
8 years 9 months ago #861 by regaaa
Replied by regaaa on topic Reference rewriter: Error
So If I do not use this feature, the created app package will be ok, right? This is more a kind of a runtime error, right? But why then do I get this error during building my game?

More
8 years 9 months ago #862 by Frank
Most likely it will fail building for Metro as that method is not available there.
Metro uses a different .Net Framework, so when building the game for that platform, that method will not be found and it will fail building.

If you are not using dynamic translation, you could comment out the line of that error and it will work.
But as soon as I get back I will write an extension script to include that method on Metro and send it to you :-)

Hope that helps,
Frank

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #865 by regaaa
Replied by regaaa on topic Reference rewriter: Error
Ok, I'm waiting then. But in the meantime I've also commented out the faulty lines. Thank you.

EDIT: I've read your answere again. I do not build for metro. Is there something wrong in my setup, then?
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by regaaa.

More
8 years 9 months ago #868 by Frank
Hi,
Attached you can find a fix for the missing method.
Can you try it and let me know if that fixes the issue for you.

I was assuming is for the windows platform as its executing the PostProcessWinRT.
Can you tell me which unity version you are using and for what platform you are having the error. That way I can adjust the correct platform defines.

Thanks,
Frank

File Attachment:

File Name: GoogleTranslation.zip
File Size:2 KB

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.160 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine