Google Spreadsheet import fails for my project

More
4 years 6 months ago #571 by marcel71
I have created a spreadsheet for multiple languages using the local import CSV function and the export/merge Google spreadsheet function.

The spreadsheet looks good, the left column has all the keys and the other column all have a translation (15 in total)

I wanted to try to import all languages from the spreadsheet and when I did (Google spreadsheet import->Replace) only one language was imported (the last language in the sheet, wioth the language code of the first language in the sheet)

No error messages were shown.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #572 by Frank
Hi,
I just tried importing/exporting a spreadsheet from google and CSV files and it was working fine for all the terms / languages I tried.

Can you please, email me a CSV file with the terms and languages that fail for you. I will try in here and give you an answer right away.

Also, just to be sure: If you use categories (term looks like: "Category\TermName") then when importing the terms they keep that category. At the top right of the list of terms, there is a tag selection box that allows you to select with categories are filtered. Can you double check that you have "everything" selected there. It could be that you are downloading all the terms, but some categories are flag as hidden.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Frank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #573 by marcel71
Thanks for your quick reply.

I have sent you the google spreadsheet as I don't have a CSV file.
I checked the filter and it was set to default. When I set it to 'everything' the filter text still shows default.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #579 by marcel71
When I import a single language using a CSV file and then set the language code for the language, then the language text field is not updated. The text for the language is 'source'.
Then I exported/merged the language with the google spreadsheet resulting in a language key 'source [LANGUAGE CODE]'
I did this for all languages that I needed,
I figured out that importing the spreadsheet works when I replace all the 'source [LANGUAGE CODE]' keys in the spreadsheet with the correct language name as shown when adding a language.

Some remaining import issues:
Arabic (Arabic) is imported but gets the wrong language code ar-DZ
Russian (Russian) is imported but gets the wrong language code ru-MO.
Chinese (Traditional) is skipped, I don't know why.

There is no standard language option for English (en)
There is no standard language option for Portuguese (pt)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #587 by Frank

I have sent you the google spreadsheet as I don't have a CSV file.


Hi, How did you send the google spreadsheet? I haven't received yet any email :-( inter.illusion [at] gmail.com Can you please double check.
Also, you could generate a CSV file from the Google Spreadsheet. Just open the Google Spreadsheet, and in the File menu, select Download -> Comma Separated (csv....)

Arabic (Arabic) is imported but gets the wrong language code ar-DZ
Russian (Russian) is imported but gets the wrong language code ru-MO.
Chinese (Traditional) is skipped, I don't know why.

There is no standard language option for English (en)
There is no standard language option for Portuguese (pt)


Those are now fixed and will be released (2.4.5b1) tomorrow to the community release page.

Thank,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Frank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #589 by marcel71
Hi,

I sent the spreadsheet to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..
I have just sent a csv file to the same e-mail address.

Thanks,
Marcel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine