Objects not localizing in 2017.4.0f1

More
6 years 1 month ago #2896 by Dakk
I am using the Unity LTS (long term support) build and randomly many objects no-longer localize.
Everything worked fine before updating.

This is with I2L v2.8.4 f1 and Unity 2017.4.0f1

Is there plans to fix this issue for the LTS build?

It seems very similar to the bug in this thread:
inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...in-unity-2018-1-beta

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #2897 by Frank
Hi,
I just tried 2017.4.0f1 and I was unable to reproduce any issue. I tried in the editor, in an Android device and the web, but all example scenes translated without problem. I also tried a custom scene just in case.

Could this issue you are seeing be happening because you have Google Live Synchronzation enabled (Update frequency is not NEVER), and the Google Spreadsheet is not up to date?
inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...itor-and-device#2459

If so, the solution is to Import or Export your Spreadsheet with Replace (just to be sure ). That will synchronize both your game LanguageSource and your Spreadsheet and when in the device, it will not try to download new data.

If that doesn't solve the problem, could you please, create a scene or small project showing the error and email it to me! I really want to fix this, but without been able of reproducing it I'm clueless on what it could be.

Thanks!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dakk

More
6 years 1 month ago #2899 by Dakk
I sorted it out.

The Target dropdown on all my TMPro assets got switched from "TextMeshPro UGUI" to "Prefab" during the upgrade process.
This caused them not to be localized- and I didn't realized they had been switched.

This was possibly caused by updating TMPro- you have to fully remove TMPro before installing the new version.

Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my misleading diagnosis!

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine