Thoughts and Suggestions

• GeorgeZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 16 hours ago - 8 years 16 hours ago #1385 by GeorgeZ
Thoughts and Suggestions was created by GeorgeZ
First of all, let me tell you that your mini games are really, really so great, I love them. And of course it's a real time saver.
There couples of thoughts I've come upon while investigating code and trying to integrate some things.

I'm playing with Treasure Chest game and there are some things that I would subtly change. First, when I start over a game, I'd show(or at least I'd like to have an ability to show) all the gifts to the player so he could see what he would win(I mean, on the start all slots are "open"). After that all gifts would disappear under the slots and the those slots would shuffle. That's a first thing very important to me.
Secondly, there is an interesting conception in code, that when I am out of free attempts, I'm charged after I press the slot. But what I need is when I'm out of free attempts, I show an offer to watch an add. If the player agrees, he watches it and after that he can choose a slot. In the current realization you first need to choose a slot and only then when the player watches the add the slot immediately opens itself.

Thank you very much for your great assets!
Last edit: 8 years 16 hours ago by GeorgeZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 12 hours ago #1389 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Thoughts and Suggestions

I'm playing with Treasure Chest game and there are some things that I would subtly change. First, when I start over a game, I'd show(or at least I'd like to have an ability to show) all the gifts to the player so he could see what he would win(I mean, on the start all slots are "open"). After that all gifts would disappear under the slots and the those slots would shuffle. That's a first thing very important to me.

I like that!
Will add another option to the games intro to allow for a custom intro animation that could use the possible Rewards. And will create that animation you are describing as a pre-built one.

Secondly, there is an interesting conception in code, that when I am out of free attempts, I'm charged after I press the slot. But what I need is when I'm out of free attempts, I show an offer to watch an add. If the player agrees, he watches it and after that he can choose a slot. In the current realization you first need to choose a slot and only then when the player watches the add the slot immediately opens itself.

I added that flow as most of the monetization experts recommend something similar:
The user sees that he can click the slot, so the desire of getting a new reward makes them click the slot. But then, they are promted to buy (which you could replace by watch ad). Because they already decided they wanted the reward and they have done steps toward that (deciding which slot to click and click it), they are more willing to continue watching the ads to not interrupt their current flow toward getting the reward.
Gamers will be less willing to engage with the minigame if they see "a new step" (watching an ad) when they are deciding if continue playing the main game or select a slot for a reward.

Nonetheless, its not hard to set the alternative path where the buy (or watch ad button) shows as soon as the user has no more free chances. I will add that then and make the behavior selectable.

I have another feature in the Todo list for I2 MiniGames:
For the spinning winning, to have an alternative mode, where the wheel starts playing but doesn't stop until you click a button. Some games could use that behavior better. The wheel will be shown already spinning and the users will stop it (having the spinning already happening, gives more action to the screen and creates a greater psychosocial pull for clicking it)

Thanks for the suggestions!
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

• GeorgeZ
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 2 hours ago #1390 by GeorgeZ
Replied by GeorgeZ on topic Thoughts and Suggestions

Will add another option to the games intro to allow for a custom intro animation that could use the possible Rewards. And will create that animation you are describing as a pre-built one.

Thank you very much for that!

The user sees that he can click the slot, so the desire of getting a new reward makes them click the slot. But then, they are promted to buy (which you could replace by watch ad). Because they already decided they wanted the reward and they have done steps toward that (deciding which slot to click and click it), they are more willing to continue watching the ads to not interrupt their current flow toward getting the reward.

I totally agree with you, but just there are some cases where I am afraid that the user would not understand when he clicks the slot and an ad starts to show. Because the ad could take a while to load etc. May be I am wrong, of course.

For the spinning winning, to have an alternative mode, where the wheel starts playing but doesn't stop until you click a button.

Yes, I think that game would greatly benefit from that little nuance. Because a player is eager to stop the wheel to get some particular thing when he feels it should stop right on that thing.

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine