Auto Translate doesn't work

More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #2689 by jdev
I'm using the latest version of l2 (2.8.1) with Unity 2017.1 and auto translate doesn't seem to work. Whenever I click the "Translate" button, I get this error message in the console: "WebService is not set correctly or needs to be reinstalled".

I thought the web service was for spreadsheets only? To be clear, I am not interested in using the Google spreadsheet feature.
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by jdev.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2690 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Auto Translate doesn't work
Hi,
Yes, you need to install the WebService.

In old versions of I2 Localization, it used to parse the google translate web to get the translations without having to install anything else, but Google changes the webpage layout and implementation every 3-4 months. So, every so often, the I2 Localization translate was broken and I had to patch it in a hurry.

Several versions ago, I started using the WebService to do the translations. It installs in your google drive, and whenever unity needs a translation, it just sends it to the WebService which in turn access the Google translate API and returns the translation without having to do heavy parsing's or modifications. The WebService is just a middle-man!

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 2 months ago #2692 by jdev
Replied by jdev on topic Auto Translate doesn't work
Ok, thanks! For future versions I think that should be more clear especially for new users...it took me way too long to figure that out ;)

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine