Google Export not refreshing

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #224 by Livealot
I've got a different issue with exporting changes to Google.

Everything worked like a charm yesterday when I uploaded my first 25 terms. The google spreadsheet opened after export and everything was there.

Today, I added another 75 terms in the editor, and then hit export to the same Google spreadsheet. The spreadsheet opened up just like yesterday, but none of the new terms from today were added. bummer.

I exported my source to a local csv file and all 100 terms are present. (sigh of relief)

So is there a bug in the refresh process, or maybe a setting in my Google drive that I need to change to get the latest export to replace what's on the Drive? For example, maybe Google always thinks the server copy is the latest version???

Or is export from i2 only a one-time feature, that is, it's not also export and replace?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #225 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Google Export not refreshing
Exporting to google is for sure not a one-time feature :-)

Do the new terms have a different category?
By default, if the plugins sees a term with the form "text1\text" it will use "text1" as a category filter and when exporting to google, it will create a separate tab for each category.

Can you try exporting again and checking if there is more than one page in the spreadsheet? If the new terms have '\' characters, then that could be the issue you are seeing.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #226 by Livealot
I haven't used categories (yet), and there's no second spreadsheet.

However, I did create some terms that included returns to create some spacing, especially for bulleted lists. When I did the auto-translate, <br> was added automatically. I then replaced those with a return in each of the translations to re-establish the spacing. It looks great in the game, but maybe is tripping up the Google export?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #227 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Google Export not refreshing
If you could send me a copy of the CSV file I could try exporting to google and seeing what the problem is.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228 by Livealot
Comparing yesterday's file to today's CSV, I don't think it's the return break since all the terms with them were in yesterday's google file.

What may be more interesting is the first missing term is a term from a different scene than what was successfully saved yesterday. So maybe that is related to the issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago - 5 years 2 weeks ago #230 by Livealot
Still have not succeeded in exporting or importing from Google spreadsheet.

What's interesting is that I tried creating a new spreadsheet on GoogleDrive, and hitting refresh in the editor found it and the key easily enough. However, when I tried exporting, it just opened up the empty spreadsheet, which is essentially the same behavior as not updating an existing spreadsheet.

I tried quitting google drive on my laptop so it would only work via the browser in case their were dueling synch races happening but that didn't solve it.

So weird that I can still export to local csv, but can't send anything to a known google drive spreadsheet.

One thought is that the sharing permissions on the spreadsheet on the drive need to be set in a specific way, although I haven't yet found a combination that works. see attached screenshot

Attachment ScreenShot2014-09-03at10.08.08PM.png not found




Also I tried importing a google drive spreadsheet, after updating some of my translations on the server, and the changes showed up but one of the term keys came back with a weird symbol stuck in it, and game no longer would switch languages. Further, under terms in the editor, where it normally showed a toggle list on the far right of nothing, everything, default, it was now showing nothing, everything, Sheet1

So it will also be good to learn if there are special steps to import the changes from the server back into the game so everything works like they did prior to export.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 2 weeks ago by Livealot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine