New version the translation is wrong!!!

More
6 years 3 months ago #2673 by giorgiodeluca
I installed the latest version and I have a problem

1) there are not the single buttons for the translation of a single language I can only change them all together! If I correct a term of a single language these are changed if I press on "Traslate All" !!!

2) however the behavior of the translation is abnormal look at this video

www.micronet-software.com/I2/Untitled%20Project2.html

it is advisable to restore as in the previous versions 1 button for each language

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2674 by giorgiodeluca

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2675 by Frank
Hi,

If I correct a term of a single language these are changed if I press on "Traslate All"

That was a bug when using Touch translations (having platform as Android/IOS, etc). The plugin thought all fields were empty because the "Normal" translations were empty.
I made proper a fix for this in 2.8.2a4.
A workaround you can quickly use is to replace line 247 in Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs
from
						if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(termdata.Languages[i]) && source.mLanguages[i].IsEnabled())
into
						if (string.IsNullOrEmpty(termdata.GetTranslation(i)) && source.mLanguages[i].IsEnabled())
That will force only to translate empty translations.

2) however the behavior of the translation is abnormal look at this video

The issue there is that the Normal translations are not empty, so, when the Touch translations are emptied, it takes the value from the Normal. This is very confusing at the moment given that there is no way to see from where that translation is comming.
The next think I'm working on, is in improving the way the Input variations work ( trello.com/c/slJ2P9aM/3-extend-input-specialization ).
As part of this, the system should be more understandable and easy to follow.

it is advisable to restore as in the previous versions 1 button for each language

The buttons were removed to allow for more space, but I'm seeing that sometimes this brings confusion, specially with that bug that overrides everything. So, in 2.8.2a4 I restored the buttons, but instead of naming them "Translate", I just placed a "T" with a hint text saying "Translate" when you hover above them, that will still give enough space while giving flexibility on which language to translate.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Frank.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2676 by giorgiodeluca

Time to create page: 0.239 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine