Text appearing as "#ERROR"

More
6 years 3 months ago #2645 by rancex
Hello, I have been using I2Localization with Unity and I have come upon some weird issue where some text appears as "#ERROR" even though a translation for that language exist in the I2Languages.

This happens randomly, though I have noticed it mostly happens when non-latin characters, like arabic or korean, and happens after the application has been built, leading me to believe daily localization updates routine might be causing it, although I am not sure. :(

Can anybody help me with this? I have included an image of the error, if it helps.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #2646 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Text appearing as "#ERROR"
Hi,
Does you spreadsheet contains formulaes?
I2 Localization doesn't use the #ERRROR format, that's an spreadsheet formulae error.

My guess is that some of your spreadsheet cells contains a formulae that its randomly failing to evaluate, and so, that cell becomes #ERROR. Then, when I2 Localization downloads the spreadsheet, that's the value it uses for the translation.
Can you double check that all your cells are properly formed, and If you are using "=GOOGLETRANSLATE(...)" or similar functions in you spreadsheet, try replacing them by the resulting value. That way, the spreadsheet will not fail to evaluate and never return #ERROR. If the problem is because GOOGLETRANSLATE formulae, it could be that there are too many of them, and when downloading the full spreadsheet, Google is complaining of too many translations in a short time.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: rancex

More
6 years 3 months ago #2648 by rancex
Replied by rancex on topic Text appearing as "#ERROR"
I see, so that is what was causing the problem. We do use many "=GOOGLETRANSLATE(...)" formulas in our spreadsheet because we haven't got a translator working for it yet.

Thank you so much for your help! :)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine