Problem with SpreadSheet install.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2590 by Mojo
Hi everyone,
I have troubles following the googlesheet install process :
1/ When I click on Deploy as web app, I don't have the option "anyone, even anonymous", but instead everyone from my company.
2/ When I click on DoGet, nothing really happens.
3/ The link I enter in Unity is not valid when clicking on Verify. "Unable to acced the WebService."

Is this a problem of my account authorisations?
(Unity version is 2017.3.0b9

If someone has an idea...
Thanks.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Mojo.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cvita

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2591 by Mojo
I have investigated a little further, and it seems to crash in LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs when retrieving the version number at function OnVerifyGoogleService : int version = int.Parse (data["script_version"]);
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cvita

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2592 by Cvita
I just visited the forums to ask for help - and the first topic (yours) is the one I need. Glad to know I'm not alone.

Running into same problem. Unity 2017.2.0f3, MacOS.

I tried running the process few times with no success.
This is on a project that has been working with localization, suddenly stopped.
Unable to access the WebService
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowMessage(String, MessageType, Boolean) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:205)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowError(String, Boolean) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:190)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:OnVerifyGoogleService(String, String) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:368)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:CheckForConnection() (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:480)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

P.S. I sent email to support, with link to this forum thread.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Cvita.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2593 by Frank

This is on a project that has been working with localization, suddenly stopped.

Cvita:
I2 Localization 2.8.1 requires a new WebService (v5). There has been several modifications to speed up the Google Translations and allow for batching way more translations requests.
That means, that the WebService you installed for a previous version of the plugin will not longer work.
To fix this, you need to click the "Install" button again, to create a new copy of the webservice in your Google Drive, then use the new URL.
After that, the WebService should verify correctly.

I have investigated a little further, and it seems to crash in LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs when retrieving the version number at function OnVerifyGoogleService : int version = int.Parse (data["script_version"]);

Are you sure its a crash, or just the error saying that the version number is not valid, so the webService can't be verified. ("Unable to access the WebService")?
If its a crash, can you please, send me the exact log you see in the console, that may give me an idea why its failing for you.
If its just the "Unable to access the WebService" error, then it means that
- the WebService can't be access (check unity has permission to access the network),
- The webService is an old version (v4 or previous), in which case, you need to delete it and reinstall it
- The Authorization didn't complete correctly.

One thing, to notice, is that with some recent changes to Google, they are now showing all deployed google apps as "unverified". You may receive a google warning saying "This app isn't verified", when you do, you need to click "Show Advanced" and then "Go to Copy of I2GoogleWebServiceV5 (unsafe)", that will resume the authorization process.

Sorry about that inconvenience, I applied a while ago and I'm still waiting for Google to "verify" my webService. Will have to contact them again to speed that up!!

Another thing that maybe happening, is that if you have several google accounts open at the same time (work & personal), you may need to logout of both, and log only on the one you are going to install the WebService. (this is may only be needed when installing, to guarantee that you don't start the process on one account, but the permisions are conflicting with the other one).

After installed, you can log into both account without issues.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 4 months ago #2594 by Cvita
My Installed l2 is 2.8.0.3, and when I click 'Install' document name ends with V4.

I updated from asset store yesterday. Maybe I need to remove old files and re-install? I over-installed.
Or am I missing something?

Thanks,
Kreso

More
6 years 4 months ago #2595 by Frank
Today Unity approved v2.8.1!!
That version uses the WebService v5 and has tons of improvements and fixes!

If you can update and the issue persists, please, let me know exactly what steps you do so that I can try it myself to reproduce your problem.
Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.591 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine