Problem with 2017.2.0p2

More
6 years 4 months ago #2579 by wagenheimer
Hi!

I'm not able to create Android Builds on 2017.2.0.p2 when my game name contains the ' character. My game name is "Queen's Garden 3: Halloween". If I remove the ' it works.
stderr[
res\values-de\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-nl\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-en\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-fr\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-es\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-it\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-pt\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-pt-rBR\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

res\values-en-rUS\strings.xml:3: error: Apostrophe not preceded by \ (in Queen's Garden 3: Halloween )

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2580 by wagenheimer
Replied by wagenheimer on topic Problem with 2017.2.0p2
Another problem!

When creating iOS builds, I need to use "REPLACE" build, if I use "APPEND" I got an error with I2 files when building on XCode.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2581 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Problem with 2017.2.0p2
Hi,
I verified the issue with the apostrophe and uploaded a fix to the beta folder (v2.8.1 b2)

You can also make it work locally by replacing the line 93 of Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Editor\PostProcessBuild_ANDROID.cs
with
                appName = appName.Replace("&", "&amp;").Replace("<", "&lt;").Replace(">", "&gt;").Replace("\"", "&quot;").Replace("'", "\\'");

I'm looking now at the IOS issue.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.410 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine