How modify text that has already been localized

More
6 years 5 months ago #2545 by Doobly
I've had to change a word in one of the languages. When I change the word it turns yellow in the localize component. Then I go to the spreadsheet and replace the sheet in the export section. But when I check the spreadsheet it is still the old word. I looked through the documentation but can't find anything about editing an existing localization. Can you tell me what the steps should be?

Thanks,
Doobly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2554 by Doobly
Hi, I'm still really struggling with this. Am I doing it the wrong way around? Any tips?

More
6 years 5 months ago #2556 by Doobly
Ok nvm I figured it out! I was making changes in the Touch section not the normal section. That was really confusing. Not sure how I ended up on the touch screen

More
6 years 5 months ago #2559 by Frank
Haha, I was pulling my hair out trying to figure what could be wrong!!
Good news, is that as part of the Extended Input Specialization task ( trello.com/c/slJ2P9aM/3-extend-input-specialization ) which I'm working on right now, I'm improving the way the Normal/Touch works.
I always liked the idea of specializing translations, but the rules of how it is working at the moment, are hard to see and prone to errors.
With the new implementation, you have more options, and I made more clear what mode you are on, and what input types you have edited.

Hopefully those new changes will remove this confusions and become more easy to manage.

As you can see here

All the input types are now shown at the top, and those that haven't been added will display as disabled (gray), And they all show which fallback translation is used for them, as well as a link button to duplicate the translations from one input type to another (e.g. PS4 -> Xbox)

I will be releasing more info about how this works as soon as I finish the first beta of this feature.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 5 months ago #2561 by Doobly
Sounds good. I was impressed that when I adjusted the normal tab it automatically knew that it was the same as touch and removed the touch entry from the spreadsheet. i2-loc is really robust. I only have 700 words across 9 languages to do and this makes it easy to do that type of work. Thanks for your dedication!

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine