error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist

More
6 years 5 months ago #2537 by ZeroTransform
Using Unity 2017.1.0f3

Updated I2 to 2.8.0f3
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(173,61): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(174,57): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(184,66): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(185,62): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Examples/Common/Scripts/RealTimeTranslation.cs(43,4): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2538 by Frank
Hi,
It seems that something got corruted when updated, and possibly the GoogleTranslation.cs was deleted or moved.

My advice is to delete the folder Assets/I2
and install again. That should fix all those errors.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 5 months ago #2539 by ZeroTransform
I wish it was that easy. I've done that several times. Clean install and update. I'm on the android platform. I can also confirm that GoogleTranslation.cs is there.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2540 by Frank
hmm, I'm not sure what could be happening.

I just tried importing 2.8.0f3 directly from the AssetStore into a 2017.1 clean project, and it worked without issues. I also tested in Android and WebGL without problems.
Could you create an empty project and import I2 Localization there, just to overrule that there is any file in your project that is preventing the project to compile.

If it works fine for you in an empty project, then manually copy all the files and see if that makes it work.

If no luck, then I would close unity, and either delete all the dll inside the library folder (or delete the library folder and let it rebuild, if your project is not that big). Its for sure that there is something corrupted, and doing that should force clean all from scratch.

Please, let me know how it goes, I have no clue what else could be happening.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine