Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist

error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist 3 weeks 4 days ago #2537

Using Unity 2017.1.0f3

Updated I2 to 2.8.0f3
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(173,61): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(174,57): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(184,66): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Localize.cs(185,62): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context
Assets/I2/Localization/Examples/Common/Scripts/RealTimeTranslation.cs(43,4): error CS0103: The name `GoogleTranslation' does not exist in the current context


The administrator has disabled public write access.

error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist 3 weeks 4 days ago #2538

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 897
  • Thank you received: 193
  • Karma: 57
Hi,
It seems that something got corruted when updated, and possibly the GoogleTranslation.cs was deleted or moved.

My advice is to delete the folder Assets/I2
and install again. That should fix all those errors.

Hope that helps,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist 3 weeks 4 days ago #2539

I wish it was that easy. I've done that several times. Clean install and update. I'm on the android platform. I can also confirm that GoogleTranslation.cs is there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

error The name 'GoogleTranslation' does not exist 3 weeks 4 days ago #2540

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 897
  • Thank you received: 193
  • Karma: 57
hmm, I'm not sure what could be happening.

I just tried importing 2.8.0f3 directly from the AssetStore into a 2017.1 clean project, and it worked without issues. I also tested in Android and WebGL without problems.
Could you create an empty project and import I2 Localization there, just to overrule that there is any file in your project that is preventing the project to compile.

If it works fine for you in an empty project, then manually copy all the files and see if that makes it work.

If no luck, then I would close unity, and either delete all the dll inside the library folder (or delete the library folder and let it rebuild, if your project is not that big). Its for sure that there is something corrupted, and doing that should force clean all from scratch.

Please, let me know how it goes, I have no clue what else could be happening.
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
Colors