multiple spreadsheet files

More
6 years 6 months ago #2500 by simon
hi,

i have a couple of games that all have base terms that are the same for all apps ("game over", "next level", etc.). additionaly every game has its own specific terms.
would it be possible to refere multiple spreadsheet files? So the app "App1" will have "I2 Loc Base Localization" and "I2 Loc App1 Localization" and "App2" "I2 Loc Base Localization" and "I2 Loc App2 Localization".

That would be very handy.

Thanks,
Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 6 months ago - 6 years 6 months ago #2503 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic multiple spreadsheet files
Yes, you can use multiple Languages Sources.

There are two ways of doing that:
1- Keep I2Languages.prefab for your global terms (i.e. terms used everywhere), and add an object to your scenes with a LanguageSource component.
That is the method used in the Example scenes. The terms inside those language source will only be available in those scenes, so you can add to them, only the things you need there.
And you can have different spreadsheets for each of them.

2- Create more global sources.
By default I2Languages.perfab is the only global source. It is loaded at startup and it is available in all scenes. But you can add more sources by adding their name to the Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\LocalizationManager.cs line 210

For example, to add the source "I2Languages_Base.prefab", modify the GlobalSources array like this:
public static string[] GlobalSources = { "I2Languages", "I2Languages_Base" };

Then, duplicate the I2Languages.prefab and rename it.
At startup, both will be loaded.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Frank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine