Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them

Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them 2 months 1 week ago #2385

Hi!

I have some terms with things like italics tags in them - <i> </i>, etc.

This seems to mess with the terms database, or maybe just the spreadsheet import/export.

Is there a best practice for dealing with this?

Thank you!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them 2 months 1 week ago #2386

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 873
  • Thank you received: 189
  • Karma: 55
Hi,
I'm not aware of any issue with tags in the terms translations. Several of our games uses tags like bold and fontsize without problems.

Are you referring to <tags> inside the Terms translation or in the Term's name? Is the error happening when importing/exporting or when creating the terms/running the game?

Can you please, describe a bit more what do you mean by "this seems to mess with the terms database"? What steps are you doing and if possible a couple screenshots of your languageSource and Localize component (to rule out a setup issue).

That will help me to understand your situation and give you a solution!
Thanks,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them 2 months 1 week ago #2387

This is in the term's name. For instance, I have a term "God <i>damn,</i> you're givin' me chills, sweetheart!"

In the Terms view in the inspector, I see "i> you're givin' me chills, sweetheart!" as the term - the "God <i>damn,</" part seems to have become part of the Category, instead?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them 2 months 1 week ago #2390

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 873
  • Thank you received: 189
  • Karma: 55
Hi,
I see the issue:

When you create a term in the editor, there is code to remove all invalid characters (anything non ASCII and most symbols). However, when you import from a CSV or Google Spreadsheet, the data is imported as is.

I see that could cause issues and its not a good practice anyway. So, I added code always validate the term's name and remove invalid characters.
The changes will be included in the next beta.

Hope that helps,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Terms with HTML/Rich Text tags in them 2 months 1 week ago #2391

Hmm, I thought I had posted this before, I must have screwed up, sorry:

It's actually not a problem in game, it turns out. It only causes problems with the display in editor, but all the terms seem to translate just fine.

I'm planning on using different strings for terms anyway, but for testing I'm using these, so it's not a huge deal regardless. Just something I noticed.

Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Colors