I have a Unity project that has been in development and actively using i2 for a couple years now with no issues. We have our Language Source connected to a google sheet in drive, which we merge regularly. However, today when I tried to merge, I got an authorization error. I attached screenshots of the LS before and after hitting merge.
Long story short, upon hitting merge, I got an error that says "Invalid response from Google, Most likely the WebService needs to be updated" and I wanted to know if there's a guide anywhere that explains how to update the webservice and what exactly that means.
Also, if anyone has an idea as to what could have initially caused this webservice error, that would be great to have just to avoid it in the future!
The "Invalid response from Google, Most likely the WebService needs to be updated" error happens whenever the plugin tries to contact the webservice and it doesn't return an answer with the correct format.
This typically happens when there is no internet access, a firewall is blocking, there were too many translations requested in a short time and google disabled access for a few minutes, etc. When anything of that happens, the www call returns a temporal webpage with some text that the plugin doesn't recognize as valid.
What I suggest you to do is to check that you have access to the webservice by clicking the "Verify" button.
If that fails, log into your google drive and re-deploy the webservice (just click it to open and follow the steps there again, no need to re-authorize)
Also, check that the spreadsheet hasn't change its name (click the "refresh" button in the spreadsheet list, and select it again)
Hope that helps,
Are you Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you Please lets us know how to improve it!