Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: My translations doesn't update in text labels.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 3 weeks ago #2359

  • RoKo0
  • RoKo0's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: 0
When I change my translation text for any term in Language Source, this translation is not updating in text labels.
Refresh the translations button is not working.
It is only updates if I completely remove this term and create it again with the same name.

What to do?
Maybe you should add the button "Recreate term" to Language Source?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 3 weeks ago #2360

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 873
  • Thank you received: 189
  • Karma: 55
Hi,
I may not be understanding you correctly.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong:
- You have all your translations in I2Languages.prefab
- That prefab is NOT instantiated in the scene
- You created a term (e.g. "Term_Play")
- Added translations to that term (e.g. "Play", "Jugar", etc)
- then you added a localize component to one of your UI.Text objects
- selected a the term in the localize popup

Are you saying that if you change one of the translations (e.g. "Jugar" -> "Juega"), the label doesn't get updated?
I have been trying those steps but it seems to be working as expected.
Am I missing an step?
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 3 weeks ago #2363

  • RoKo0
  • RoKo0's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: 0
I checked these steps with a new term and the label updates.
But, when I try to update the translation of one of my old terms (that I have imported earlier from .csv file), the label doesn't update.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 3 weeks ago #2368

  • RoKo0
  • RoKo0's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: 0
RoKo0 wrote:
I checked these steps with a new term and the label updates.
But, when I try to update the translation of one of my old terms (that I have imported earlier from .csv file), the label doesn't update.

How can I fix this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 2 weeks ago #2369

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 873
  • Thank you received: 189
  • Karma: 55
Hi,
Can you please let me know what steps I can follow to reproduce your issue.
No matter what I have tried, it works fine.

What do you mean by "update the translation"?
Did you Import from CSV/Google? Edited the term in the LanguageSource inspector or the Localize component inspector?
Did you verified that you don't have a duplicated languagesource, (one in the resources folder and another instantiated in the scene)? If there are multiple sources, are the terms defined in each? Terms should only be defined in a source, otherwise the plugin will select the newest term.

What do you mean by "the label doesn't update"?
Are you saying that while you are editing the term, the label doesn't change the text? Or that when you click to Play in the editor or build, it doesn't show the new translation?


I really want to help, but without more explanations of your problem I'm unable to help you. Ideally, list me a set of steps that make the plugin misbehave, that will help me find out whats wrong and get you a solution!

Thanks,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My translations doesn't update in text labels. 2 months 2 weeks ago #2370

  • RoKo0
  • RoKo0's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 15
  • Karma: 0
Did you Import from CSV/Google?
- Yes, I imported from csv.

Edited the term in the LanguageSource inspector or the Localize component inspector?
- It does not matter.

Did you verified that you don't have a duplicated languagesource
- Yes, I have only one source, furthermore I tryed to remove it and create again (and import from csv)

Are you saying that while you are editing the term, the label doesn't change the text?
Or that when you click to Play in the editor or build, it doesn't show the new translation?

- Both, the label shows the old translations (even when I change the language in the Play mode)
- If I change the term of this label, the label changes in the play mode, but still shows the old traslation of this other term.


I tryed to reproduce it in the new Unity project, and I could not do it. In the new project, everything is working fine.
I tryed to replace I2Languages file in my project by the file from the new Unity project, and this not helps.
It only works if I delete this term from the source manually and then manually recreate it.

I attached 2 screenshots. Please, help.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 2 months 2 weeks ago by RoKo0.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
Colors