Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Switching Google Account

Switching Google Account 4 months 3 weeks ago #2348

  • Ray
  • Ray's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Hi,

I need to point to a localization sheet on a different Google account managed by a different organization.

I have:
  1. Installed the web service on the new Google account.
  2. Verified it.
  3. [lii]Clicked "Refresh" on the "In Google Drive" field so it can repopulate the drop down.[/ili]

But after doing this, it appears the dropdown shows the sheet from the old organization that I no longer want it to point to, and it does not show the sheet from the new organization. Is this old info cached somewhere? How would I have it look in the new location?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Switching Google Account 4 months 3 weeks ago #2349

  • Frank
  • Frank's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 915
  • Thank you received: 196
  • Karma: 58
The plugin gets the list of spreadsheets using the WebService. And the webservice only sees the spreadsheets in the account it is installed.

Can you make sure that the URL in Unity is set to the deployed WebService in the new account you have you Spreadsheet?
The spreadsheets are cached in a static variable, so as soon as you click refresh, recompile or reopen unity, it will be cleared again.

Question: When you click refresh, are you seeing the dropdown empty, or with spreadsheets from the old account?

Notice, that only spreadsheets starting with I2Loc will be shown (for safety). So, "MyGameLocalization" spreadsheet will not work, you need to name it: "I2Loc MyGameLocalization" or something similar.

Hope that helps,
Frank
Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ray

Switching Google Account 4 months 3 weeks ago #2351

  • Ray
  • Ray's Avatar
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 0
Thank you!

It was the spreadsheet name that was the issue. I added a prefix to the new version, and so it didn't show up. Renamed as you specified, and it appeared! Many thanks for such a quick reply! You rock!

You might want to note the name specifics on www.inter-illusion.com/tools/i2-localiza...-to-link-with-google, as I didn't see it when running through the instructions.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Colors