Translations not being saved for specific term

More
6 years 8 months ago #2338 by jahester
I'm using version 2.6.11f1. I have a specific term "challenge your friends!" which for some reason does not save the translations. I've had this happen occasionally for other terms as well, but I always assumed I just forgot to save and after clicking "translate all" again and saving the scene the problem goes away. If I save the scene in this case, though, and then close and re-open Unity, the translations are gone. I've tried removing the localization component, deleting the term from the Global Source, and then adding back the component and the term. I also tried upgrading the plugin to 2.7.0f1 but still had the same problem. The Translate All function no longer worked in 2.7.0f1, so I've reverted back.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2343 by jahester
I was able to get the term to permanently save the translations by doing the following:

1) Created the translations with Translate All
2) Backspaced out a character in the text box of the text component and put it back
3) Backspaced out a character in the English translation text box of the localization component and put it back
4) Saved the scene

I'm guessing this worked because it flagged the scene saving mechanism that a change had been made to the localization component.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2344 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for letting me know about this. I will investigate why it was not originally saving and make a fix ASAP!

BTW, is there a particular reason why you have LanguageSource instantiated in the scene?
For most cases, its advised to have all your data in I2Languages.prefab (without dragging it to the scene). That way, localization is always accessible.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 8 months ago #2345 by jahester
No, no reason I have LanguageSource instantiated in the scene aside from lack of experience. This is the first time I've used I2 localization. I did watch the tutorial before I started the implementation, but seems I missed the prefab step. The game only has a single scene, though, and I've verified the localization works correctly by manually setting the language to each translation. Would there be any advantage to going back and putting the data in the prefab or am OK to leave as-is?

More
6 years 8 months ago #2346 by Frank
The problem with having the localization in the scene, is that in that case you have two loaded Languages sources (I2Languages.prefab and the one instantiated in the scene). Most of the code is made to get the languages and other settings from the I2Languages.prefab). It will work fine as you have it, but performance wise the less is always better :-)

Anyway, removing the one in the scene is easy:
- Export that LanguageSource to CSV or to Google Spreadsheet,
- Delete it
- Import from the CSV/Spreadsheets to I2Languages.prefab

That's it.
And now, even if in the future you add more scenes or transitions, etc, Localization will work fine everywhere.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 8 months ago #2347 by jahester
I'm thinking I might have ended up with the correct end result despite doing things in reverse order. All of my terms show up in the Language Source component of the prefab. Rather than adding a term before adding the component, I've been adding the Localize component to a text component, then clicking the "Add Term to Source" button. It picks whatever I've put in the text box of the text component as the term. Then I click the Translate All button there in the scene component. I see that term in the prefab afterwards and the count of the term increments if I duplicate the object. I did things backwards, but the end result of what I'm seeing in the editor matches what I see as the final result of the animations in the tutorial. Does that sound right?

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine