Missing Translations Fallback

More
6 years 10 months ago #2283 by egress
I'm currently using 2.6.12f5 and I may be mistaken but in previous versions, if there was a missing translation, it would fall back to use the default language. In the I2 prefab, I have set On Missing Translations to use Fallback. However, the labels now shows up as blank regardless. Is there a way around this? I might be doing something wrong :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2285 by egress
Just an update - reverting back to the previous version 2.6.10f1, it uses the fallback language again instead of displaying nothing.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2286 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Missing Translations Fallback
Hi,
In the 2.6.11, there was a change to allow empty translations (as it was useful to have them for some cases), this works fine when the translation are set at runtime because its value can be null to define a missing translation, but when downloading terms from a spreadsheet, all the empty translations were detected as "empty by design".

I just made a change to report empty translations as missing (and use the OnMissingTranslation fallback methods from the LanguageSource). Also, changed that now to define an empty translation that is not "missing", that translation should be set to ---

That way:
When the plugin finds a translation that is empty, it will report it as missing.
When it finds a translation that is ---, it will make it empty and does not report a missing translation

That should cover all cases!

The new changes can be downloaded from the 2.7.0 a9 (in the beta folder)

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 10 months ago #2287 by egress
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. Do I send my entire invoice to your email or just the order invoice number to get access to it?

More
6 years 10 months ago #2290 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Missing Translations Fallback
Hi
I just need the Order Invoice Number

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine