Clashing with Firebase Unity plugin

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2264 by SweatyChair
Firebase Unity plugin produces a lot of errors even before building, after debugging I found that it's actually because it's not compatible with I2Localiation!

Error:
TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.PlistDocument' from assembly 'Unity.iOS.Extensions.Xcode, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Firebase.Editor.XcodeProjectPatcher.ReadConfig (Boolean errorOnNoConfig, System.String filename)
Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for Firebase.Editor.XcodeProjectPatcher

Basically I think it tries to use UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.PlistDocument, and somehow getting your modified UnityEditor.iOS_I2Loc.Xcode.PlistDocument.

Both plugins are referencing to dll so nothing I can do, but changing all your UnityEditor.iOS_I2Loc.Xcode refences to UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode and comment project.AddLocalization, plus need to manually do the localization strings in XCode...

I understand that it can be their problem getting the wrong class, but is there anything you think you can do? E.g. Rename PlistDocument, or remove PlistDocument from UnityEditor.iOS_I2Loc.Xcode and use UnityEditor.iOS.Xcode.PlistDocument instead?

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by SweatyChair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2265 by Frank
Hi,
I just changed the dll signature to avoid clashing with the one in Firebase.
Attached you can find the new dll.

could you try replacing the on in Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Editor\Unity XCode\
with the one attached here.

Please, let me know if that solves your issue!
Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kurius

More
6 years 10 months ago #2266 by SweatyChair
Thanks for the bolt reply, it fixed and the XCode localized string are output as correctly!

Finally I can see my Unity console with all red errors~

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine