App name localisation not work on Android

More
6 years 11 months ago #2234 by tobytaro
It work well on ios but not on Android, I already setup the App name term.
unity 5.6
i2 2.7.0.a2
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #2235 by Frank
Hi,
I just tested a clean project with I2 Localization and the app name changed as you did, and its working as expected in the devices I tried.

Could you verify that is not working for you in an empty project? (to rule out any setup issue when the plugin was installed in your game project).

Also, could you verify that the App_Name term was created in the I2Languages.prefab (and not in one of the Sources in the scenes)?

Thanks,
Frank

EDIT: Also, can I ask you what language is set in your phone? Is that same language in your LanguageSource?

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Frank.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2243 by tobytaro

Frank wrote: Hi,
I just tested a clean project with I2 Localization and the app name changed as you did, and its working as expected in the devices I tried.

Could you verify that is not working for you in an empty project? (to rule out any setup issue when the plugin was installed in your game project).

Also, could you verify that the App_Name term was created in the I2Languages.prefab (and not in one of the Sources in the scenes)?

Thanks,
Frank

EDIT: Also, can I ask you what language is set in your phone? Is that same language in your LanguageSource?

Hi, not work on empty project. App_Name term was created in the i2Languages.prefab. My language is set to Chinese(simple).
Attachments:

More
6 years 10 months ago #2244 by Frank
Hmm, that most likely is related to the Chinese variant.
Will check that the mapping for those are correct and get you a fix ASAP.

More
6 years 10 months ago #2248 by Frank
Hi,
I made a few changes to the way it builds for android.
Can you download the (2.6.12 f1) version and see if it works correctly for you now?

Thanks,
Frank

More
6 years 10 months ago #2259 by Kurius
I find that every so often I need to remove and then reinstall the I2 Localization plugin in order for it to work on Android. I can only assume that I'm doing something else over the course of my development work that results in overwriting something in I2? For example, I first tried to just update I2 to version 2.6.12 f1 without removing I2 first. This did nothing. Still didn't work on Android. I had to remove I2 before installing, in order for it to work on Android.

You mentioned that in this latest version, you made a few changes to the way it builds for Android. Hopefully that means I will never have to remove/reinstall again. Fingers crossed.

Nevertheless, I wonder if you can implement a function/button whereby I can force the I2 plugin to do some kind of resetting/overwriting of settings so that I don't need to remove/reinstall? Like perhaps you're writing something to the Android Manifest that gets overwritten by whatever else I'm doing? If so, then this new function/button would allow me to tell I2 to re-establish it's Android Manifest code? I only using the Android Manifest as a figurative example, as I'm not sure what exactly in your plugin gets restored via a remove/reinstall rather than just a reinstall.

Also I wonder if the act of updating TextMeshPro to a new version, results in something in your plugin getting overwritten?

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine