License details

More
6 years 11 months ago #2221 by progm
License details was created by progm
Hello,
I'm interested in buying this plugin, however I have a few doubts about the definition of "per-seat license".

For example, if I work on a Unity project together with another developer, we should buy two licenses or just one?
And what about a company? A company should purchase a license for each employee or just a copy?

Thank you very much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2222 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic License details
Hi,
The One License Per Seat, is a license term imposed by Unity to all assets in the Editor Extensions category.

Basically, the idea is that Editor Extensions require you to buy extra licenses for every other developer that its going to use the plugin. While for normal assets. you just buy the asset once, and can be used for as many developer as you like.

Said that, that license is meant to be applied to bigger companies. If you are an indie developer with a company around 1-5 people large, it normally doesn't apply. Or at least I don't put any emphasis on enforcing that policy.

Here are the relevant sections in the Unity EULA:

Editor Extensions (Per the EULA section 2.4) are licensed per computer. For every computer you use, you must purchase an additional seat. This is somewhat different to the regular Unity Seat as that can be used for one developer on up to two computers. See FAQ " How many computers can one seat of Unity be installed on? "

All other Assets (Per the EULA section 2.3) can basically be shared throughout everyone in your company that are physically located together. So you can buy 1 asset and use on however many computers...so long as everyone is physically located together. That's the key there. If you have 5 teams members and everyone lives in a different country, it seems you will need to buy the asset 5 times.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 11 months ago #2228 by progm
Replied by progm on topic License details
Thank you very much for your detailed answer!
I've purchased I2 Localization and I'm finding it extremely useful <3

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine