Problem Generating Build on Mac with Unity 5.6

More
6 years 11 months ago #2216 by wagenheimer
My build is failing on Mac with Unity 5.6 (Most recent Alpha Version).
ArgumentOutOfRangeException: startIndex + length > this.length
Parameter name: length
System.String.Substring (Int32 startIndex, Int32 length) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/String.cs:356)
I2.Loc.LanguageSource.GetLanguagesCode (Boolean allowRegions, Boolean skipDisabled) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LanguageSource.cs:382)
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.GetAllLanguagesCode (Boolean allowRegions, Boolean SkipDisabled) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/LocalizationManager.cs:667)
I2.Loc.PostProcessBuild_IOS.ChangeXcodePlist (BuildTarget buildTarget, System.String pathToBuiltProject) (at Assets/I2/Localization/Scripts/Editor/PostProcessBuild_IOS.cs:21)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces+AttributeCallbackWrapper.OnPostprocessBuild (BuildTarget target, System.String path) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:65)
UnityEditor.Build.BuildPipelineInterfaces.OnBuildPostProcess (BuildTarget platform, System.String path, Boolean strict) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/BuildPipelineInterfaces.cs:274)
UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #2217 by Frank
Hi,
This problem is because some of your languages have an empty or invalid Language Code.

I added a fix for this to 2.7.0 a1 which you can download from the beta folder.
Alternatively, you could make sure all your languages have a valid code (e.g. "en" or "en-CA")

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2401 by settinger_sm
I'm getting this same error when I build a particular project locally. However, when our developers (in Uruguay) build the project, or when we use Unity Cloud Build, the project builds without issue. Why would that be?

This is using I2 v2.6.11f1, and all of us are using Unity v5.6.0f3 for PC.

What scripts/files need to be replaced in order to update from v2.6.11f1 to v2.7.0a1 or later?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by settinger_sm.

More
6 years 8 months ago #2402 by Frank

What scripts/files need to be replaced in order to update from v2.6.11f1 to v2.7.0a1 or later?

1- Delete the folder Assets/I2
2- Download the latest release from the AssetStore or the beta folder and install the new package.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine