Xcode 8 building errors

More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #2173 by mcmorry
When I try to build or archive I get this error:

CopyStringsFile /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 2/Temp/XCode\ Derived\ Data/Unity-iPhone-gbhsmpcutsamemeqjvnachtmdlqo/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/evonite.app/de.lproj/Localizable.strings I2Localization/de.lproj/Localizable.strings
cd "/Users/mcmorry/Lavoro/Evonite iOS/Build/iOS_130"
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
builtin-copyStrings --validate --inputencoding utf-8 --outputencoding binary --outdir /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD\ 2/Temp/XCode\ Derived\ Data/Unity-iPhone-gbhsmpcutsamemeqjvnachtmdlqo/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/evonite.app/de.lproj -- I2Localization/de.lproj/Localizable.strings

error: failed to remove /Volumes/Macintosh HD 2/Temp/XCode Derived Data/Unity-iPhone-gbhsmpcutsamemeqjvnachtmdlqo/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/InstallationBuildProductsLocation/Applications/evonite.app/de.lproj/Localizable.strings: “Localizable.strings” couldn’t be removed.

Every time that I try to build the error is referring to a different language name (fr.lproj, it.lproj, etc...)
Sometimes I can build and run by trying to build multiple times. Other times not and the only solution is to remove the new I2Localization file added in the Xcode project.
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by mcmorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2174 by mcmorry
Replied by mcmorry on topic Xcode 8 building errors
The last build didn't give the issue anymore... Probably a Xcode bug.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2176 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Xcode 8 building errors

The last build didn't give the issue anymore... Probably a Xcode bug.

Great! I was trying to reproduce this without luck!
Nonetheless, if in a future you get this problem and need to do a quick build, you can disable the creating of those files by commenting the attribute on the ChangeXcodePlist function:

assets\i2\localization\scripts\editor\postprocessbuild_ios.cs
    public class PostProcessBuild_IOS
    {
        // [PostProcessBuild]      <- Comment this line
        public static void ChangeXcodePlist(BuildTarget buildTarget, string pathToBuiltProject)
        {

If you get this error again (even after a clean build /replace), please, let me know and I will continue digging into this!

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2182 by mcmorry
Replied by mcmorry on topic Xcode 8 building errors
By cleaning before to build the error is gone.
The only drawback of this is that from 15 seconds of compilation it becomes 10 minutes.
Would be interesting to understand what is going wrong.

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine