Export to GSS overriding Format? (Workflow)

More
7 years 2 weeks ago - 7 years 2 weeks ago #2167 by SoulGame
Hi,

Each time I export the LanguageSource to GSS, it apparently overrides the previous GSS format setting and resets it to Format > Text Wrapping > Overflow. So I have to manually set it back to "Wrap" for each Category which is obviously a tedious process. Anyway to prevent export from doing that?

By the way, I'd like to know what kind of workflow you guys suggest. For now, I tend to prefer adding Keys and Translation directly into the GSS, then import it, and re-export it so its get colored properly :) I have no idea if that's the intended way.

Thanks a lot for your amazing plugin
Last edit: 7 years 2 weeks ago by SoulGame.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2169 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks for suggesting keeping the Wrapping format.
I agree that its more understandable/desirable to see the localizations using Wrap instead of Overflow. So, I went ahead and made that the default format.
I thought about detecting what format was previously specified for each term, but that was slower and most of the time Wrap will be the best option.

To get that change, you will have to delete your current WebService from google Drive), and in unity click the "Install" button again to get a copy of the latest WebService, then follow the steps to deploy it and get the new URL. Once you do that, exporting to the Spreadsheet will show Wrapping instead of Overflow.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: SoulGame

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2170 by Frank

By the way, I'd like to know what kind of workflow you guys suggest. For now, I tend to prefer adding Keys and Translation directly into the GSS, then import it, and re-export it so its get colored properly I have no idea if that's the intended way.

Well, I usually go the other way around, but either way is fine.
The workflow I normally have is:

- Create the UI without localization.
- Select all Text objects and add a localize component to them.
- In the LanguageSource it will show me suggestions of the terms that are missing (it uses the text from those UI.Text objects)
- I select them and click add terms to source.
- Then I go to the Languages tab and click to translate all terms to each language. (that gives me a first pass in the localization)
- After that I export the terms to the Spreadsheet and have a human translator to verify and correct the translations.
- Finally, I import back to Unity.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: SoulGame

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2171 by SoulGame
Wow, that workflow seems efficient. I'll try to draw from it.

Thanks a lot for updating the WebService :)
For others who don't like wrap, you could maybe give them the option to chose Wrap, Overflow or Clip in a drop down list bellow the export button.

Thanks for the help

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine