Dynamic content by using keys on a key

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2159 by JOY
Hi,

Is it possible to have a dynamic content by using some keys combining in a key. Ex:
I have a key: KEY_C which the content is: "KEY_A" is a child of "KEY_B". So If I change they content of KEY_A and KEY_B, the content of KEY_C will be changed.
We have many strings like this in our MMO games.

Thanks,
Anh

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2160 by Frank
Keys are static, they are just store translations.
If what you need a key that has "xx is child of yy", where xx and yy are controlled by your game (e.g. NPC names, tools, etc), then you should use parameters or callbacks for that.
( inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...-multiple-terms#2146 )

Its pretty easy to setup and gives you total freedom in what operations you do to make the replacement of xx and yy.

Just make the KEY_C translate to "{[NPC_A]} is child of {[NPC_B]}" and then setup your parameters script to return the correct values for NPC_A and NPC_B. Once you setup the parameters, the plugin will automatically replace those string with the correct value. Remember that you can have NPC_A & NPC_B as global or local parameters.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2162 by Frank
Also, after thinking a bit more, If you really need to have Term setup that way. You can do it easily in the Spreadsheet: You can make a formulae in the spreadsheet that replaces the text with the content of another cell.

Then, everytime you import into Unity, the KEY_C value will have the string formed from both KEY_A and KEY_B.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOY

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #2165 by JOY
Hi. I accidently created 2 similar topics.
And yes, using Spreadsheet formula solves my issue.

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine