playmaker

More
7 years 1 month ago #2084 by elusiven
playmaker was created by elusiven
Hi, I've seen on trello that playmaker support has been added. I cannot see the actions though - are they downloadable from somewhere?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2086 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic playmaker
Hi,
Sorry for the delay in answering, I was at GDC at the internet was really bad there!

If you download the version 2.6.10b6 or better: 2.6.10f1 from the beta folder, inside the Assets\I2\Localization there is unitypackage. If you install that package, then it will add all the new PlayMaker actions!

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2088 by elusiven
Replied by elusiven on topic playmaker
Hi,

Thanks for reply.. I do not have any unity packages files in Assets/I2/Localization. Can't find any links either.

Where do you download beta versions?

Also, if I set a key at run-time to something else, because my data is dynamic so I need to be able to set different keys at run-time so it can grab different translated data from google but, will the key automatically update after I set it, or do I need to call a method to do that?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by elusiven.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2089 by Frank

Thanks for reply.. I do not have any unity packages files in Assets/I2/Localization. Can't find any links either.

This file is only available in the beta version. I also uploaded v2.6.10f1 to the AssetStore, but it hasn't been approved yet.

Where do you download beta versions?

inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...ssing-early-versions

if I set a key at run-time to something else, because my data is dynamic so I need to be able to set different keys at run-time so it can grab different translated data from google but, will the key automatically update after I set it, or do I need to call a method to do that?

To change the term at runtime you need to call the method SetTerm of the Localize component:
inter-illusion.com/assets/I2Localization...geLocalizeTerms.html

That will change the term, and automatically update the text of the label's to the term's translation. It will also update the text every time the language changes.
In PlayMaker, there is also an action that allows changing the term.

Hope that helps,
Frank

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #2090 by elusiven
Replied by elusiven on topic playmaker
Ah okay... I sent you my invoice.. Could you please give me access to the latest versions?

Also what's the performance of set term, is it quite resource hungry or not too much?
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by elusiven.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2091 by Frank

I sent you my invoice.. Could you please give me access to the latest versions?

Done, you should have received an email with the invite.

Also what's the performance of set term, is it quite resource hungry or not too much?

SetTerm just changes the term, gets the translation for that term and applies it, it doesn't do much things.

Said that, in previous versions, there was a call to free the unused unity resources, that call was heavily impacting performance if there were many loaded resources. But in the latest version, I changed the way that works, so SetTerm is pretty light and shouldn't impact the performance!

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine