TextMeshPro alignment issue

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2031 by mcmorry
I'm using the last version of TextMeshPro 1.0.55.52 Beta 3 and I have some issues with the alignment. In this new version has been implemented a new alignment system with different internal values. It should auto convert the old alignment to the new one, but was not working for me.

I first thought that was an issue of TextMeshPro so I wrote on its forum (and didn't resolve it), but then I realized that this could depends on I2. Infact as soon I switch the language I had all my texts misaligned.

Could you please check? I'd really need a urgent fix by Monday morning UTC.

Thank you.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by mcmorry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2032 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic TextMeshPro alignment issue
Hi,
I just got the latest TextMeshPro beta and made a fix to adjust to the new alignment values.

You can download now the new version (I2 Localization 2.6.10 a8) from the beta folder.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcmorry

More
7 years 2 months ago #2033 by mcmorry
Replied by mcmorry on topic TextMeshPro alignment issue
Just amazing!
By the way the game is called Evonite and I2Localization is in the special thanks inside the credits.

Thank you!

More
7 years 2 months ago - 7 years 2 months ago #2034 by mcmorry
Replied by mcmorry on topic TextMeshPro alignment issue
mmh... I still have some weird issue. When clicking on the languages in the Localize component to preview them, the right aligned texts keep switching between left and right at every click.

I checked the code and I'm not sure is correct. if is right2left you change left to right, ok, but if is not a right2left language you anyway change right to left. What if I need a right aligned text?

Then on the second click you return the original alignment, so it returns to the correct one.
This happens also in game if I switch between left 2 right languages (eg. english and italian). My right aligned texts go left and right.
Last edit: 7 years 2 months ago by mcmorry.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2035 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic TextMeshPro alignment issue
Hi,
The code was meant to only run on those labels that needed correction. Those that don't need correction, should be set to ignore the alignment correction (there is a "Adjust Alignment" toggle).

But, I agree that is not very intuitive, so I modified the code to handle both cases.
I uploaded the new changes to (2.6.10 b1)

Now, at startup, the correct alignment is selected for LTR and RTL languages and then that is used based on the IsRight2Left variable. That way, selecting several LTR or RTL languages in a row will not flicker the alignment.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine