DLC, Bundles and localization

More
7 years 2 months ago #2017 by Mf_andreich
Hi! I buy your asset a long time ago, but not used yet... Now I try implement DLC system based on Asset Bundles, and I need to know, how I can (if it possible) split translate database between different bundles?
For example, I want create DLC with only one sword inside. I want that this sword will be fully localized (all notes, damage data or another text information) and I dont need update build for include this sword into game.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2018 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic DLC, Bundles and localization
Hi,

how I can (if it possible) split translate database between different bundles?

1- You could use the same approach than the example scenes:
Create an object in one of the scenes in your Bundle, and add a LanguageSource component to that object.
Then add to that LanguageSource all the terms and translations you are going to use in that bundle.

As far as that scene is loaded, the Localize components will find translations in I2Languages.prefab and if not found, they will fallback to your LanguageSource in the scene.
This LanguageSources in the scenes, are used as "local" sources. That's why I placed them in the each Example scene. So that translations for that scene are local to that scene.

2- Another way, is to create a prefab in the AssetBundle. Then when you load the bundle, call:
var source = .... load from the bundle ....
I2.Loc.LocalizationManager.AddSource( source );

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine