Losing define, unless disabling auto detection

More
7 years 3 months ago #1992 by Teme
Hi and thanks for the awesome product!

I have a project running in Unity 5.3.5p4, that is using NGUI 3.11.1. After installing I2 I found that the target is missing, as in, it is only giving me "none" as an option, when attaching localization to an NGUI label object. I then tried with a fresh project with the same Unity version, installing I2 and NGUI. Then the target was visible and define field in player settings had NGUI defined. I then opened then actual project and entered NGUI in the define field, but after compile run, it disappeared.

After a while, I figured out, that by disabling the auto detection, the NGUI define stays and everything works. Uploading the project to version control, makes the setting reset, so anyone else or a compiling computer then goes back to the default, where it tries to auto detect, and thus, NGUI from define disappears.

So..either the reason for the define disappearing needs to be found, or some way of keeping the auto detect disabled :) What could be the reason for the first and how can I manage the second? :) Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #1993 by Frank
Hi,
Are you using the latest version of I2 Localization (v2.6.9f1)?

There was an issue with the Auto-Detected defines when the platform was IOS.
( inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...h-pro-not-recognized )

Basically it was that Unity added a new enum for IOS (IOS and iPhone), both with the same index, but one of them was deprecated, so the plugin discarded that index and that's why the define was deleted.
This issues is currently fixed in 2.6.9f1.

Is that what you are seeing? Or are you using the latest I2 Localization version or not in IOS build target?

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 3 months ago #1995 by Teme
Hi and thanks for the reply!

I'm on Android platform and also using the latest 2.6.9 f1, so that should not be the problem. What next? Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine