Auto-Trans. works with single terms but not batch

More
7 years 3 months ago #1949 by eBehbahani
Hello,

I'm trying to automatically translate all the empty fields in my spreadsheet but I am getting the following error when I try: "Unable to access Google or not valid request"

I can translate single terms just fine but the batch translation does not work. Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #1954 by Frank
Hi,
Are you using the latest version (2.6.9)?

The plugin used to query all the translations in one call, but that fails when using too many terms (total message bigger than 4K characters). So, I had to implement a workaround that splits the translations into smaller sets and translates one after the other.

That seems to work fine so far but its a bit slower than what it should be.
The proper fix is to change the translations to use POST instead of GET calls, but there was a problem with the way Google returns the POST data and some unity versions don't returning the www redirect url. I have been waiting for unity to fix that. Will check again now to see if in the latest version was fix and if so, I will enable the code for that.

Another workaround that I have been using for now, is to export the spreadsheet to google and then place a GOOGLETRANSLATE function in each empty cell of the spreadsheet. That translates everything and then I just import back to Unity.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 3 months ago #1957 by eBehbahani
I ended up using the googletranslate function in the google doc directly. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine