Is there a way to disable the 'Touch' funciton?

More
7 years 4 months ago #1945 by vallcrist
A lot of times when I'm working with I2 Loc, I get duplicate entries with the [touch] modifier. Most of the times I couldn't care less for it, so is there a way to disable it?

This tends to happen a lot when I'm using the automatic translation feature, as it seems to fill out everything instead of only the selected mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #1946 by Frank
Hi,
I agree the current Touch/Normal setup is a bit difficult to deal with as it relies on conditions like (one of the two needs to be empty in order for them to be linked, etc)

That's why I have a task to change the way it works (make it more intuitive) and at the same time extend it to also account for custom setups (e.g. Xbox, PS4, VR, Touch, Daydream,etc)
trello.com/c/slJ2P9aM/3-extend-input-specialization

Said that, if you want to disable it at the moment, and never fallback to the Touch version, you can replace the function GetCurrentInputType with this one:

Open the file Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\LocalizationManager.cs

and replace the function GetCurrentInputType with this one:
		public static eInputSpecialization GetCurrentInputType()
		{
			return eInputSpecialization.PC;
		}

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 1 month ago #2113 by Goscalyon
I am also looking to disabling the touch functionality, what I did was to just not show the 'Touch' Tab. Would it in this case ever be possible for differences to exist beetween Normal & Touch?

I tried to find the method you supplied but I can't find it, I am using version 2.6.8 f4.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2117 by Frank
Hi,

I tried to find the method you supplied but I can't find it, I am using version 2.6.8 f4.

I wrote the wrong path.
The method is located at line 18 in the file: assets\i2\localization\scripts\languagesource.cs

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Goscalyon

Time to create page: 0.164 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine