Feature request: language preview

More
7 years 3 months ago #1933 by mcmorry
I don't know if there is another way to achieve this, but I'd like to preview just one label in different languages just by clicking on the language name beside the localized text.
Now I have always edit a localized text (adding and removing a space at the end for example) to see it in the scene view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #1937 by Frank
Hi,
These used to work, but I double checked and its no longer working, so I just fixed and uploaded a build with the fix 2.6.9 b2 (is already in the beta folder)

How it used to work is that if you click in the translation text fields (even without modifying the translation), the Text element was updated to preview that language.
That's is working now, I also added (as you suggested) that if you click the name of the language, it also shows the preview.

If you can't update to 2.6.9b2 at this moment, you can re-enable the preview when clicking the textfield by modifying the file:
Assets\I2\Localization\Scripts\Editor\Localization\LocalizationEditor_Terms_Description.cs

line 327 (add the SetDirty )
						string PreviousLanguage = LocalizationManager.CurrentLanguage;
						LocalizationManager.PreviewLanguage(source.mLanguages[i].Name);
						localizeCmp.OnLocalize(true);
						LocalizationManager.PreviewLanguage(PreviousLanguage);

EditorUtility.SetDirty(localizeCmp);      // ADD this line
					}
					GUI.contentColor = Color.white;

That will make it work. 2.6.9b2 also contains the clicking of the Language name.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: mcmorry

More
7 years 3 months ago #1938 by mcmorry
First class support!
Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine