Pre purchase question

More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #1895 by elusiven
Hi there

I am creating an educational game in unity3d, and was looking at your product to localize it, however most of my text comes from XML file, so I'm just wondering how this localization package would work with my XML file ? Is it looking up what is arleady in the text labels, after the xml gets imported and then translates that or am i thinking wrong?

It's a big project, and will translate into +25 different languages.

Thanks
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by elusiven.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #1897 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Pre purchase question
Hi,

If you already have your texts in Xml, then you have a couple options.

1- Move the texts from xml into spreadsheets, that way the plugin will be able to easily integrate them and even automatically download any change you do after your product is released.

2- Use I2L standard flow to localize all your UI, buttons, etc. But have all your other elements using the xml texts.
Then create separated xml for each language (e.g. Tutorial_EN.xml, Tutorial_CH.xml, etc)
Whenever I2Localization changes the language, load the corresponding xml and use the text from there.
Said that, even if you keep your texts and translations in the xml, you could add a Localize component to your UI elements, that will allow you to change font and sprites based on the language.

3- Have the xml with only the term name (e.g. Tutorial_Title) and store the translation of each of those elements in the I2Languages.prefab. Then use the term from the xml, but the translations from I2 Localization.
That will allow you to also move the translations into google spreadsheets that could be edited by different translators while the terms and where they go is defined in the Xml.

Those are a few options.
If you want full control over the translations, have multiple translators editing at the same time and the ability of download any change to your translations (even after your product has been released), then option 1 is the best.

If you don't need to download changes after the product is built, then option 2 works fine as it keeps your current xml flow.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 1 month ago #2022 by elusiven
Replied by elusiven on topic Pre purchase question
So I can translate the main interface in standard way.

And then in my xml file I store keys (the terms) instead of the actual value, and then those keys/values in different xml or in google spreadsheet. - Is that correct? How do I make your plugin work with that though?

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine