Store Integration Trouble

More
7 years 5 months ago #1889 by sgschris
I have been able to setup I2 to work excellent in Editor. However, I am having trouble with support on mobile for RTL languages.

I generated the strings.xml and info.plist for Android and iOS respectively. However, these don't contain any of the terms. For example, the Android file includes only this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<resources>

<string name="t">t</string>

</resources>

This doesn't seem correct. Any ideas on what I need to do to get this working?

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1890 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Store Integration Trouble
That looks right.

I2 Localization doesn't use the strings.xml to do the localization, it uses the data stored in I2Languages.prefab.
For android, these strings.xml files are only generated to make sure the Android stores recognize your app as been translated to those languages. But the in-game strings values don't come from there.
So, as long as the android localization folder hierarchy is created correctly and have those strings.xml, the Playstore will report your game as translated to the language you defined.

Said that, the IOS integration has some problems and has stopped working. I have a task scheduled to fix it again, but at the moment, you will need to do a manual step to do the setup.
The plugin generates an info.plist file, but that file is not used by xcode. So, once you create the xcode project, you will need to add the content of that file into the correct info.plist file. Luckily this only need to be done once, and not every build.

I'm looking forward to implement a correct fix for this. I still have a few other fixes and features that have been requested, but It will be great if you go to the trello page with the I2 Localization roadmap and give your vote to that card so that I could prioritize it accordingly.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.695 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine