Having Trouble with Farsi

More
7 years 5 months ago #1865 by sgschris
I have setup I2 Localization in a project but am having trouble with RTL languages, particularly Farsi. Unfortunately, the characters are rendering separately rather than connected.

Here's what I've done:
1) Downloaded the asset and imported everything but the examples folder
2) Imported terms from a semi-colon separated file encoded as UTF-8
3) Setup the localize component on the target game object with a Text components (uGUI)
4) Set a max line length for RTL languages (adjust alignment is also checked)

Upon playing the game, the text is rendered RTL but the letters aren't connected. I have seen some examples of I2 with this working, so I assume I've just missed something. Any suggestions?

On a side note, overall I2 has been great to work with! Very happy other than this one issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1867 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic Having Trouble with Farsi
Hi,
The plugin will apply an RTL fix If you created an RTL language in the I2Languages.prefab (e.g a Language with one of this codes:{"ar-DZ", "ar","ar-BH","ar-EG","ar-IQ","ar-JO","ar-KW","ar-LB","ar-LY","ar-MA","ar-OM","ar-QA","ar-SA","ar-SY","ar-TN","ar-AE","ar-YE", "he","ur","ji"})

If the LanguageCode of that language is not one of those, then the Arabic Fix is skipped.

Also, Could you send me the text that is giving you issues so that I could test it in here as well? Or send me the I2Languages.prefab, or an example project!

I will check your setup and let you know of anything that I could find.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.289 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine