2.6.8 f4 - Where is the languages prefab?

More
7 years 5 months ago #1858 by jimmyt3d
Hi Frank,

I've just updated to 2.6.8 f4, but I can't find the languages prefab anymore.
It has always been in 'I2/Localization/Resources' but there is no Resources folder in there.
Also (it may be related) I2 Localization does not appear in the 'Tools' menu.

Using Unity 5.3.5
New project, fresh install of I2Loc.

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 5 months ago #1859 by Frank
Hi,
I2Languages.prefab is no longer included with the plugin to avoid overriding the localization you already have after an update.

However, the first time the plugin compiles, if the I2Languages.prefab is not found, then it creates it at I2\Resources\I2Languages.prefab (notice that its not inside I2\Localization as before [to allow easily deleting the Localization folder when upgrading])

If I2 Localization is not showing in the Tools menu, it means that there were some compile errors that are breaking the plugin. Do you have any other plugin or asset installed? Can you check the console, and send me the messages in there?

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 5 months ago #1861 by jimmyt3d
Hi Frank,

Thanks for the prompt response, I found the cause of the problem - it was indeed a compile error.

I had a script from a previous project that references I2Loc, it was throwing up errors because I hadn't yet imported I2Loc into my new project.
I was trying to import I2Loc while the script was still throwing up the errors, presumably the script error was stopping I2Loc from installing properly.

I deleted I2Loc and the script and imported them both back into the project in that order and now both work fine.

Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.626 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine