How often is Auto Update Frequency: Always?

More
7 years 6 months ago #1793 by marnel.estrada
Hi,

We're now at that state in the development where we are working with a third party localization team to help with translation. They wanted to have a live update to the text. What I had in mind was to set the Auto Update Frequency to Always and send them the Google Spreadsheet. I can see that this works but only after around 30 minutes. Is this expected? How can we force the game build to download the new text? The localization team can test the game for us but we wanted them to update the text on their end right away without waiting for us to send them a new build.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #1794 by Frank
If you set the Auto Update Frequency to ALWAYS, then every time the spreadsheet CHANGES and the game is restarted it will download the new data.

However there are things to be aware:

1- Not everytime the spreadsheet changes, Google marks the spreadsheet as changed! After any change, double check in google drive that the "Last Modified" date was changed. Sometimes google doesn't update that value and that's what the plugin uses to detect a change.

2- The game needs to be closed (not minimized, but closed) and re-started. (sometimes it could happen that you need to do that 2 times so that the www call don't use the cached values)

If those two steps are followed, then the spreadsheet will be normally updated within 3-5 seconds after the game starts. A little bit more if you have a huge spreadsheet or lot of categories, but around that.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 6 months ago #1795 by marnel.estrada

Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine