Translate whole Language doesn't work: 400 Bad Req

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #1765 by ArmadaHenrik
Hi,
I added some new languages to our project, but the automatic translation in the Languages tab does not work.

If I click Translate next to Korean for example, I get error:
Unable to access Google or not valid request
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowMessage(String, MessageType, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/I2Localization/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:205)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:ShowError(String, Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/I2Localization/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor.cs:190)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:OnLanguageTranslated(String, String) (at Assets/Plugins/I2Localization/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Languages.cs:273)
I2.Loc.LocalizationEditor:CheckForConnection() (at Assets/Plugins/I2Localization/Localization/Scripts/Editor/Localization/LocalizationEditor_Spreadsheet_Google.cs:479)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Breakpointing LocalizationEditor::OnLanguageTranslated gives me a returned error:
"400 Bad Request\r"

The Web Service should be set up correctly, since individual Term translations work in the Terms tab, and clicking Verify next to Web Service URL shows the green tick (also debugging it returned 4 for both required and current versions).

Any idea why automatically translating whole language doesn't work?

I2 version used is 2.6.6 b1 and Unity is 5.4.1f1. I'm running Windows 10. We are a bit cautious about updating i2 so if this could be solved without an update, that would be optimal. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #1771 by Frank
Hi,
Most likely there is an invalid character that is breaking the web request.
It will help me A LOT, if you could send me your I2Languages.prefab so that I could try localizing all and make a fix for whatever is invalidating the URL.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #1777 by ArmadaHenrik

Frank wrote: Hi,
Most likely there is an invalid character that is breaking the web request.
It will help me A LOT, if you could send me your I2Languages.prefab so that I could try localizing all and make a fix for whatever is invalidating the URL.

Thanks,
Frank


Hi Frank and thanks for fast reply. How would I go about sending you the i2Languages.prefab privately?

BTW we had previously used the feature successfully. I'm not sure when it stopped working.
Meanwhile I made a script which translates all the Terms one by one (in the same way you can do in the Terms tab). So our work is not blocked right now but it's an ugly and slow way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #1778 by Frank

How would I go about sending you the i2Languages.prefab privately?


You can email it to me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
Last edit: 3 years 3 weeks ago by Frank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 days ago - 3 years 3 days ago #1817 by oscarken
Seems I have the same problem, do you find any problems?

I found error like this:
413 Request Entity Too Large

the count of mLanguageSource.mTerms is 943
Last edit: 3 years 3 days ago by oscarken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 day ago #1825 by Frank
Hi,
Thanks a lot for sending me the I2Languages.prefab!! I was able to find what's the issue and I'm modifying the plugin to handle those cases. I should have a beta with that fix in the few days, as it involves adjusting a bit how the multiple translations were communicating with the WebService!
I will let you know as soon as its ready to use!

BTW, I also noticed that your I2Languages.prefab is behaving weird and taking a bit longer than expected after every recompile. I'm checking that as well, and will send you both fixes!

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: ArmadaHenrik

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine