OnLevelWasLoaded obsolete starting on v5.4.0f1

More
7 years 9 months ago #1591 by Indiefreaks
Hi,

I just noticed while moving my project to Unity 5.4 that OnLevelWasLoaded is getting obsolete and therefore not suitable for the future of I2 Localization.
The issue is raised on Console with the ResourcesManager singleton script.

The new recommended way to handle this event seems to use the SceneManager.sceneLoaded delegate simply adding the following code to replace the existing code:
private void Awake()
{
                UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager.sceneLoaded += (scene, loadingMode) => { LocalizationManager.UpdateSources(); };
}

Not that urgent but I always like to avoid seeing warnings coming from plugins when I can ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #1592 by Frank
Hi,
I'm too an organization freak, so, even when Unity 5.4 is not released yet, I already fixed that warning in one of the latest releases.
Are you in the latest? I have to double check exactly when, but either in 2.6.6 or 2.6.7a1, that warning was fixed.

My advise is to upgrade to the latest, and to the latest 2.6.7 if possible as those add lot of fixes.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: Indiefreaks

More
7 years 9 months ago #1593 by Indiefreaks
I am actually using 2.6.6b1 at the moment as I'm updating all my plugins through the asset store as I avoid adding beta plugins to a project unless I really need some blocking issues' fixes.

So unless you tell me that 2.6.7a isn't on a beta stage, I'll stick to this one with my silly little change ;)

More
7 years 9 months ago #1595 by Frank
Hi,
2.6.7 is in beta.
Its fully functional, but I always like to have each version at least 3 weeks in the beta folder for people to try and find any bug before I officially release it.
Said that, 2.6.7a1 has been downloaded 128 times in the last weeks, so it should be fairly stable as there hasn't been much bugs reported.

But, as you said, if you don't need the new features in there, then its safer to keep 2.6.6b1 until I officially release the new one.

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine