Text label failing to update - can you think why?

More
7 years 8 months ago #1568 by Nalin
Hi

Been through the tutorial and also used i2 previously via script to translate.

However when I try adding a localise component to a game object that has a text field it is not updating the text automatically.

I debugged it and it is picking up the term fine and it is even calling the callback that I set. However it is failing to automatically update the text field and I cannot think why?

So any help would be much appreciated :)

thanks

Nalin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1576 by Frank
Hi,
I have been trying a few ways for that to happen, but the only think I could reproduce was whenever the Localize component can't find a valid target (e.g. Unity UI Text, TextMeshPro label, etc).

Could you please, please a break point in the DoLocalize_uGUI_Text function in LocalizeUGUI.cs line 72.
If the plugin is able to find a target, it will call that function to do the actual localization. If you are not using Unity UI, you could place a break point in the corresponding function on any of the Targets\LocalizeXXXX.cs files.

Are your Localize components in the same gameObject that has the Unity UI Text component? Did you copy/pasted the Localize component.

Please, let me know how that goes, I'm very interested in knowing why its failing for you.

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1578 by Nalin
Hi Frank

I think I've found the cause.

If you copy and paste a filled in component from one GameObject and past it to another, then it fails to update :(

Just after working this out I had go back and remove/add which took a while...

Also another suggestion after creating a Key it would be super helpful if it went into the text field so you could add the text immediately rather than having to scroll and find the field, click the dropdown etc.

cheers

Nalin
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Nalin. Reason: typo

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine