i2Languages as an AssetBundle

More
7 years 8 months ago #1566 by ForIHaveArrived
Hi. I am trying to get i2Localization to work with AssetBundles and tk2dSprite and Fonts.
The problem with i2Localization is since we have to link all the resources as key value pairs, all language assets are included in the final build.
However, I want to be able to build only relevant language assets and pick and load only those at run-time.
Currently i2Localization expects all assets to be preloaded and is performing a texture swapping operation.

What is the best way to avoid this so that everything linked to i2Languages doesn't get copied into the sharedassets or resources in the _Data folder.
Ideally I would want to be able to load the specific asset bundle for each language only.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1569 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic i2Languages as an AssetBundle
Hi,
I'm adding a way of dealing with bundles in the next release, but for the moment you can use modify the code to load the assets you need from the bundle:
Check this: inter-illusion.com/forum/i2-localization...h-asset-bundles#1379

In the next release, there is a BundleManager that you can use to load from a bundle, when an assets hasn't been referenced and is not in the Resources folder.

I will post more information this weekend when I release the new alpha.
Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 8 months ago #1575 by ForIHaveArrived
Thanks for the update. Please let us know when the alpha is available.

Time to create page: 0.332 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine