WebService not set correctly

More
7 years 6 months ago #1775 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic WebService not set correctly

Update: restarting the editor appears to have fixed the translate button, so that's good.

Great!!

But I'd still like to know how to move the app to my work Gmail

Its not enough to CLOSE the tabs in your browser, because internally the account is still logged in. Thats why when you reopen your browser, you don't have to type the password or select the user.

You need to SIGN OUT of both accounts by clicking the sign out button that shows when you click your photo in gmail.
Then, after you signed out both account, log in your work account. (only that one)

That will ensure that your primary account is your work one.
When the plugin installs the webService it just creates a copy of the WebService file into the account that its logged in your browser (or the primary account if you have several logged at the same time)

Another way to double-check your primary account in your browser is the work is by checking that its number 0:
e.g. mail.google.com/mail/u/0
instead of mail.google.com/mail/u/1

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #1776 by OrthoKent
Gotcha, I'll give that a shot. Thanks so much for the quick reply!

More
7 years 4 months ago #1907 by Kurius
Replied by Kurius on topic WebService not set correctly
Having just bought this plugin, and still getting acquainted with it, I didn't realize the need for a few setup requirements that if not performed, would result in the error...

"WebService not set correctly or needs to be reinstalled"

So here are some tips for the other noobs out there...
  1. This plugin requires you to have a public Google Docs Spreadsheet sitting on your own Google Drive
  2. In Unity, in the top menu, go to, Tools -> I2 Localization -> Open Global Source
  3. In the Inspector window, in Language Source go to the Spreadsheets tab, and click the Install button
  4. You will now see a new file called "I2GoogleWebServiceV4" in your Google Drive (via web browser)
  5. Right click on I2GoogleWebServiceV4 and choose Open With -> Google Apps Script
  6. Follow the instructions you see on the screen. Note the Publish button is located just above those instructions in your web browser
  7. The last instruction says to copy the URL. You need to paste that URL in Unity in the Web Service URL field just above the Install button you clicked earlier
  8. In Unity click the Verify button next to the Install button
  9. The plugin has now generated a Google Docs Spreadsheet sitting on your Google Drive
  10. The error mentioned earlier is now resolved!

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine