WebService not set correctly

More
7 years 10 months ago #1524 by Nelz01
Hey guys!

Everytime I try to translate a term, it gives me the issue "WebService not set correctly or needs to be reinstalled"
Hope you guys can help me out

BTW thx for super cool package!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #1526 by Frank
Replied by Frank on topic WebService not set correctly
Hi, In version 2.6.5 I released a new version of the Google WebService. If you recently updated from an older version, you will need to delete the WebService in your Google Drive and click Install again in the LanguageSource Google Tab.

Not all version require reinstalling a new WebService, but I had to release a new one this time as I changed the way the Auto-Translations works. Previously I was just parsing the Google Translate web, but that was slow and failed every time Google redesigned their page. Now all translations are done using the WebService which is more reliable and faster.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 10 months ago #1528 by Nelz01
Replied by Nelz01 on topic WebService not set correctly
Hey Frank!

Thx for the help! This worked perfectly

More
7 years 6 months ago #1772 by OrthoKent
I recently upgraded from 2.6.5 to 2.6.7 and am unfortunately getting this error as well. I didn't see any existing WebService apps in my Google Drive, so I just did an install from the I2 inspector. Everything seems to have worked: I have a spreadsheet in Google Sheets now that has our database in it, and there's a green checkmark from where I clicked 'Verify' on the Google tab, but I still get the error when hitting the Translate button.

What else can I try?

More
7 years 6 months ago #1773 by OrthoKent
Also, related question: how do I change which Google account the web app is created for? I have a personal Gmail and a work Gmail, and I want to run this on my work Gmail's Google Drive. But when I clicked 'Install' it defaulted to my personal Gmail, even when I closed all but one browser tab and made sure I was actively logged into my work Gmail.

More
7 years 6 months ago #1774 by OrthoKent
Update: restarting the editor appears to have fixed the translate button, so that's good. But I'd still like to know how to move the app to my work Gmail.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine