i2 "Updates Window" causing build failures

More
7 years 11 months ago #1507 by CharlieH
Hey there,

Yesterday I was investigating issues with our build automation. Turns out, sometimes your fancy new "Update Window" pops up, even when we're running in batch mode to make builds. This happens once in a while, but when it does, it causes the builds to hang.

I noticed there was a checkbox on that window to disable update reminders, but I'm not sure where that setting is saved. We pull the project "fresh" from source control each time we initiate a build, so I'll need to know where that setting is saved, so it can be checked in to source control.

Second issue...

In unity 5.4.x, we are seeing build errors related to "calling unity APIs during serialization." See this thread for more information: forum.unity3d.com/threads/big-issue-seri...no-api-calls.394605/

In 5.4 this simply causes builds to fail. We actually can't get it to happen every time we execute a build.

Boy I love things that break inconsistently...

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Please let me know if you need a minimum repro project. The latter issue could be on Unity's end, so I was thinking of preparing a min repro project anyway; just wanted to ask you about it first.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #1508 by Frank
Hi!

Yesterday I was investigating issues with our build automation. Turns out, sometimes your fancy new "Update Window" pops up, even when we're running in batch mode to make builds. This happens once in a while, but when it does, it causes the builds to hang.

You can safely delete the file I2AboutWindow.cs and this issue will go away.
Nonetheless, I'm adding code now to make the window not pop-up during builds and when in headless mode! This fix will come in the next beta release.

Also, you can call
EditorPrefs.SetBool("I2AboutWindow Notify NewBetas", false);
EditorPrefs.SetBool("I2AboutWindow Notify NewMainVersions", false);

To toggle those checkboxes by default.

n unity 5.4.x, we are seeing build errors related to "calling unity APIs during serialization." See this thread for more information: forum.unity3d.com/threads/big-issue-seri...no-api-calls.394605/

I haven't seen that error yet in my test builds. Does that happen in all platforms to you (I have been testing android heavily these last months and I haven't noticed anything like that).
Can you send me the log of one of those builds? Maybe there is a callstack there that tells which function is calling the unity API.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.460 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine