import local file in xlsx extension ?

More
7 years 10 months ago #1501 by messi
dose I2 support import local file in xlsx extension now ?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #1502 by Frank
It used to, but it was removed as reading from a .xlsx was too unstable and dependent of the platform (what could be fine in windows wasn't working as great in a mac).

The plugin currently import and exports from .csv, and given that this format opens automatically in excel and most other spreadsheet software, then, the workflow is the same as working with a .xlsx file. (except that you loose the color and layout information you may have set in excel).
But aside that, it is as simple as double-clicking a .csv and it will open in Excel (no need to "Import from text").

For using more advanced Spreadsheet features (like formulas, colors, layout, etc) the plugin encourages you to use Google Spreadsheets. The plugin will even automatically download any change from the spreadsheets after the game is released!

Thanks,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out
The following user(s) said Thank You: messi

More
7 years 10 months ago #1503 by messi
Thanks for your reply

now my situation is I use Google doc ,but the doc is too big, about 2.4MB .every time it take very long time to download from Google .

When I convert xlsx to csv, the csv contains messy code in some languages

So ,could you help me to fix this problem ?Thanks

More
7 years 10 months ago #1504 by Frank
Hi,
One of the features that I'm working on is on Compressing the data (making the upload/download smaller, as well as the size of the localization data in memory). That should help you with this issue. However, this feature will not make it for the final 2.6.6 :-( (Hopefully for 2.6.7 :-))

In the meantime, if you see weird characters when converting from xlsl to csv, most likely its because of the encoding. Be sure, you are exporting to csv in UTF8 or other major encoding format. And then, be sure to import the csv file using the same encoding. (there is a combo-box when importing the csv file that allows you to pick the encoding format of the file).

That should fix any weird characters you may see.

Hope that helps,
Frank

Are you :-) Give I2L 5 stars!
Are you :-( Please lets us know how to improve it!
To get the betas as soon as they are ready, check this out

More
7 years 10 months ago #1506 by messi
Because my I2 google doc has multiple sheets ,it is not convenient to export every single sheet to a csv file ,and the reason of yesterday's messy code is the Microsoft office software ,when I use Google doc to export csv ,it is perfect .

Finally I resolve this problem by write a little google app script tool to combine sheets to one ,then export as csv to local ,then import to I2 prefab ,everything is done

Thanks all the same for your advice .;-)

Time to create page: 0.163 seconds
Template by JoomlaShine